Sunday, March 30, 2014

Page One

Hello, dear readers. (And you are readers, or you wouldn't be here, right?) I'm the librarian at a coffeehouse in Philadelphia called Vice. Our logo says it all--coffee, tattoos, and books. I do librarianship in my full-time day job (I've almost done with my MLIS at Drexel, and work in non-profit management) but when this opportunity combining three of my favorite things presented itself, I couldn't say no.

The shop opened about two months ago, and our catalog includes almost 700 books. I thought it would be fun to share some of my on-a-shoestring budget book buying adventures, and I'll also share my book pick of the week, serendipitous finds, reviews, favorite bookstores, musings on books, reading, publishing, and libraries in general. (And of course, tattoos.) We welcome your ideas and comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment